/** mybloglog update news*/

Monday, October 6, 2008

Review of hedge fund launches....

Last week, we heard of new launches from Browndorf PEM, Blackpool Capital, GCA, van Biema Value Partners, Heriot, Cooper Creek, Standard Life, Agamas, Citi Quilter, Corazon, Star Hedge Managers, Lincoln Vale, Natixis, Taylor A. M., Riptide Capital, Marble Gate, Coraticum and Jubilee Financial. Hong Kong-based Blackstone A.M.N. Advisors delayed the start of its first fund.

Investors at RAB Capital, which hedge funds lost a further $500m, approved a restructuring plan involving a new 3-year lock-up. Hedge funds Camels Capital, Ore Hill trimmed their fees to keep investors.

MKM Longboat liquidated its $1.5bn flagship hedge fund; redemption requests forced the closure of the Forsyth sub funds; Absolute Capital Management shut its activist fund; Gottex unwounded its ABL Fund of Funds; Laurus Capital shut its $800m PIPE portfolio after heavy redemptions; Toronto-based Salida Capital Corp halted redemptions on three of its funds after the bankruptcy of Lehmans. Asia hedge-fund closures jumped 19% this year, with the industry set to shrink for the first time as clients withdrew more money due to underperformance.

The FT reported that hedge funds were facing their worst year since 1990, and an industry expert said that every week at least one British hedge fund was considering winding up its funds catastrophic performance. Big hedge funds such asThird Point, Maverick, Citadel, Greenlight and The Children's Investment Fund suffered big losses in September.

Hedge funds were otherwise still struggling with grave problems last week, related to the short-selling bans, the looming quarterly redemptions, rising volatility, credit squeeze and the failed prime brokerage firms they have holdings in.

As hedge fund managers were reluctantly preparing to disclose their short positions to U.S. regulators on Monday, they called for restrictions on short selling to be scrapped, saying falls in financial shares even after the practice was banned in many countries demonstrated it was not to blame.

Tuesday was the deadline for hedge fund redemptions for the quarter, and they were faced a great loss of investors. Millions were said to be held in hedge funds lockdown as Amber, Wyser-Pratte, Cheyne Capital, Absolute Return Partners, Olivant blocked redemptions.

Meanwhile Fitch Ratings ramped up its monitoring of liquidity management at fund of hedge fund managers.


Source:
Review of hedge fund launches....

1 comment:

Erlend Hildur said...

I am so happy today because God has done it for me after going through hard times with other loan lenders and nothing works out, I was about to lose my faith and hope but I still have to stand strong and pursue what I am looking for. I am happy today because God has directed me to the best Loan Company and I didn't regret anything after contacting them and my heart desire was granted and I was given the said amount I requested for (300,000.00 USD), the money was paid into my account after two weeks of talking with the company and they didn't stress me or give me any headache in getting this loan from them, others of my family members and friends I directed to them all got their loan too, I would love you to contact pedroloanss@gmail.com / whatsapp +1-8632310632 . and get your loan quickly and this is safe and fast, you that have loose hope, faith and everything you have all just in the name of getting a loan and nothing work out, bet me if you try this man called Pedro Jerome , you will never regret anything and your loan request will be approve and it will be paid directly into your bank account, so hurry now and contact quick response on WhatsApp +1-8632310632. ask for any type of Loan, and it will be granted to you. I wish you the best